Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Interview with Emily Chadick Weiss

Daria Polatin’s Questions, Emily Chadick Weiss’ Answers:


Where did you grow up?

I grew up and presently live in Brooklyn Heights. But I can proudly say I don't live with my parents. Even though I do live four blocks away.

What is your favorite holiday?

Thanksgiving. I think it's a holiday that really unites Americans in their love for over-eating. My Aunt also makes incredible yams.

Why do you like to write?

I think it's important to document ideas, both ideas about true events and ideas from the imagination. I also like the way writing exercises my brain.

If you had to read one play ten times, what would it be?

A Midsummer's Night's Dream. There's so much going on, but it all makes sense in a very fantastical, erotic, and comical way.

Have you ever written a haiku?

It's the only kind of poem I write. Here is one:

Edwin Dewind Has
Dawned in the Dew Found Himself
Rewound and Dewinged

How did you hear about Youngblood?

Sam Forman, one of my favorite playwrights and a member of the group, is a family friend and told me about Youngblood. I'm going to buy him a drink to thank him.

No comments: