Thursday, April 12, 2012

Hot Playwrights XIII

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiZFaBUH4tcH0nqe3jryOb6Y10Wy-ReXrfr2yt7o3_jQkZBmlp8EDpe3R-3HFTwwDFEokD8pG2BmPxIJgi-Z3AxuYNCLMvN6PZkpd8C-Fn3Jd4a_-zS77Up2_-p2OSj_H8y4VUu/s400/beckett.jpg

I say hot double damn! Hot. Double. Damn.

That hair!

That body!

You know:
I do imagine that Sammy B. and me would have totally totally hung out. We'd sit on a porch. In silence. He'd slightly indicate that we smoke cigarettes. I'd slightly nod in agreement. We'd light up. And smoke cigarettes.

And then: some elderly person would slowly walk by.

And then stop walking. And with a scrunched up face, he would slowly turn towards Sammy B. and me. And then he'd shake his head in absolute disgust. He'd then begin to slowly walk down the street. And while still in hearing distance, Sammy B. and me would burst out laughing. The old would stop walking. Turn around. And then shake his head at us again. At this point, Sammy B. is trying to suppress laughter. But me: I'm crying from laughter. Which causes Sammy B. to break out into laughter again. The old turns around. Slowly walks down the street, all the while shaking his head.

Our laughter has come to a quell. We wipe the remaining tears from our faces. We light up another cigarette. And smoke. In silence.

If only.

(Yeah, so, this picture was doctored up on this site Literary Makeovers!!!. But I can imagine it's accurate. I mean, the man excelled at cricket. And we all know that cricket players are fit. We ALL know this).

1 comment:

Meghan Drrns said...

Everything about this seems accurate.