Monday, June 13, 2011

DENMARK by Anna Kerrigan

Check out a reading of my new play DENMARK on Tuesday, June 14th at 6:30 pm at EST (part of the Bloodworks Reading Series).

This is a play that's surprisingly personal for me. While writing, I literally laughed and cried. I'm not expecting anyone to cry during a reading but if you laugh it's cool by me.

We have an awesome cast (Scott Sowers, Michael Cullen, Betsy Aidem and Sue Jean Kim) helmed by tour de force director Carolyn Cantor. Hope you can come.

SUMMARY:
In a rickety Albuquerque hospital, dutiful younger brother Griffin tries to help his verging-on-senile older brother Denmark recover from a stroke with the aid of a clunky station wagon, some VHS recordings of Saved by the Bell, copious legal pads, a pot-smoking doctor, and an ex-wife in pursuit of missing property. A dark comedy about two screwed up brothers trying to set things right.

No comments: